Cranbrook / Inquire about other urban sites
Cranbrook is a thriving city, cradled on a gentle plain by snow-capped mountains. Boasting the most sunshine in British Columbia, Cranbrook’s idyllic climate presents the perfect conditions for outdoor adventure. Hike or cycle the local trails, play a round of golf, or relax on one of the many lakes only minutes from the city. The mild winter is perfect for cross-country and alpine skiing at nearby resorts, or snowmobiling on the almost limitless network of trails. For more urban pursuits, Cranbrook offers shopping, cafés, sports arenas and a lively arts and cultural community. With Cranbrook’s magnificent scenery, friendly people, and abundant activities, it is the ultimate location to live, work and play.
Facility Details — East Kootenay Regional Hospital:
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 80,000 people in the East Kootenays. The 4 floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6 bed ICU, a full range of medical and surgical services including Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pathology, Psychiatry and Radiology and Urology.
We seek a second general Ophthalmologist in Cranbrook, BC. The ideal candidate would have the ability to perform basic oculoplastic procedures, but it is not mandatory. The ophthalmologists serve the East Kootenay catchment area of approximately 82,000. Cranbrook offers an excellent ambulatory care facility, and the option to join an existing practice with a large patient base.
The successful applicant would ideally start by spring/summer 2020, but the start date is negotiable. Volumes are manageable for a full time practice, and you would establish your own work schedule. There are no call requirements. Both new graduates and experienced applicants will be considered.
Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It’s better here!
- Royal College of Surgeons of Canada – Eligible
- Doctorate in Medicine
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia: Full or Provisional Licensure
- CMPA Coverage
Hours of work: Full-time
On call requirements: none
- Fee for service; Estimated gross income of $550-650K
- Overhead: To be discussed
- Relocation Reimbursement: $9,000-$15,000 based on whether interprovincial, within Canada or International)
- Recruitment incentive: $20,000.00 for full time (note: pro-rated if less)
- Retention fee premium: 14%
- Retention flat fee: $14,076.00
- CME: Up to 2 years $1,800.00; In 3rd & 4th year $4,800.00; Over 4 years $7,800.00
- Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.
(Note: Some eligibility requirements apply and rates are subject to change annually; current rates are confirmed at time of offer)
Contact: Raimey Olthuis, email@example.com
Direct Line: 250-469-7070 ext 13757 to learn more
Reference #: S-830